Dell sought to establish a targeted key account program, to provide sales with a robust platform to engage in meaningful discussions, build relationships, and position the company as a trusted resource. The objective was to design and implement a program structure that would work seamlessly across multiple account types and scenarios. This required not only creating a blueprint for this initiative but also to collaborate closely with data teams at Dell to gather essential inputs.
At a glance
- Generated $90m in revenue
- $330m in pipeline
- Enabled over 200 sellers
- Collaborating with Dell's data teams, we gathered crucial inputs to inform the program's foundation
- We designed the program blueprint structure, ensuring its effectiveness across diverse account types
- We developed a comprehensive business case tool, packaging the data and program blueprint into an account-facing asset. This asset varied in depth, tailoring the information to the specific account and available data points
By actively engaging CxOs, presenting the business case and seeking additional information to further enrich the account's business case, the targeted key account program has achieved significant success. Our strategic collaboration with Dell, from blueprint design to CxO engagement, has underscored the transformative impact of our tailored approach.
- Generated an impressive $90m in revenue through targeted key account initiatives
- Created $330m in pipeline, showcasing the sustained impact of the program
- Enabled over 200 sellers, establishing a broad and effective engagement framework.
“I knew we had a hit on our hands with this program when the CEO of a global account started waving the challenger at Michael Dell during a Zoom call.”
Elliott Young, Chief Technology Officer