Deadline for submissions: Friday, May 5, 2023
Momentum ITSMA’s Marketing Excellence Awards are designed to honor the marketing strategies, programs, and campaigns that have achieved excellence in driving business results with B2B services and solutions worldwide. Use these guidelines to produce your submission.
View our Eight 2023 Award Categories
Advancing Thought Leadership
Developing thought leadership initiatives that stand out in the mind of the target audience, strengthen reputation and engagement, and accelerate pipeline and revenue growth.
Building Best-in-Class Marketing Organizations
Enabling the marketing organization to orchestrate activities that drive strategic growth, through the optimal use of technology, by focusing on developing skills and forging career paths, and by fostering an agile and collaborative environment.
Leveraging Customer Research
Taking an objective, data-led approach, incorporating primary and secondary research, to create and deliver programs that drives customer or revenue growth.
Driving Strategic Growth
Collaborating with business leadership to identify, develop, and accelerate new strategies to become a transformational business partner to clients.
Embedding an Account-Based Culture
Partnering with business leaders to establish a client-centric approach across the organization as a core go-to-market strategy that delivers market-beating growth.
Ensuring “no daylight” between marketing and sales, with innovative and flexible sales enablement approaches that focus on high-quality content, personalized insights and intelligence, and client-centered programs that drive revenue.
Scaling ABM Programs
Tapping into an existing successful ABM approach and deploying it across a broader range of accounts to co-innovate and create demand across the organization.
Strengthening Executive Engagement
Integrating a strategic, multichannel engagement program with content, events, and experiences that broaden and deepen executive-level relationships with priority clients and prospects and pave the way for growth.
Apply Online Here
Once you're ready, start entering your submission!
It is highly recommended that you bookmark our submission guidelines for future reference. All submissions must be entered online and follow the outline below to present a compelling story of what was done, how it was done, and the business results. Submissions should include detail for each of the required sections. Judges will look especially for initiatives that represent true innovation for the industry, highly effective execution, and substantial, measurable business results.
Judges will look especially for initiatives that represent true innovation for the industry, highly effective execution, and substantial, measurable business results. Be as specific as possible. Avoid marketing fluff or hyperbole.
1. Submission Overview (min. 700-words, max 1000-words)
Provide a 700-word summary on the marketing initiative: situation, solution, learnings, and results. *Please note that this section should not contain any confidential information. Should your program be selected as a winner, this section will be posted publicly within our MEA Winners Booklet that is normally published after the winners are announced at our Awards Ceremony in November. Should you have any confidential information included, please ensure it is highlighted so that we can ensure to remove it before it goes public.
2. Situation (max 300-words)
Describe the business problem and/or opportunity that inspired the initiative. (Suggested prompts to address below.)
- What challenges and/or opportunities was the business or marketing facing?
- What occurred that called for a new initiative?
- What was the competitive situation? (if applicable)
- What approach was taken to gain a full understanding of the problem or opportunity?
- How did you quantify the need or opportunity (e.g., costs, potential savings, benefits, and/or market size)?
- How did you or your organization get buy-in and sponsorship for the initiative and with whom?
- Demonstrate an understanding of the business conditions and environment that your organization faced while developing your initiative and gaining sponsorship to proceed with it.
3. Solution (max 1,500-words)
What approach did you take to develop a plan and execute it to solve the problem or take advantage of the opportunity? (Suggested prompts to address below.)
- Detail the nature and scope of the solution/initiative, including your insight into the customer/market need.
- What were the major steps taken to execute?
- How was the initiative managed against the plan?
- What resources were involved?
- Were there new types of collaboration across the organization or with partners?
- In what ways is the solution innovative within your company and your industry?
- Have you seen a competitive response to your initiative?
- Provide a clear and detailed description of the process and innovation involved in the solution, the resources allocated, how efficiently and effectively the initiative was carried out, what was unique about the solution, and how your approach was new for the company and among competitors (if applicable).
4. Lessons Learned (max 500-words)
Explain the most difficult challenges you faced in executing the plan successfully, and how you addressed them. (Suggested prompts to address below.)
- What challenges and roadblocks did you face?
- How did you overcome the challenges?
- What lessons did you learn throughout the process?
- How will this influence future marketing initiatives?
- Describe the lessons learned with this initiative, what elements of the program contributed most to its success, and how the lessons and key success factors will influence future marketing initiatives.
5. Results (max 500-words)
Describe the business objectives and metrics that are/were being used to measure what has been accomplished to date. (Suggested prompts to address below.)
- How did you measure both marketing and business success?
- What quantifiable results have you been able to document?
- How important are these results to the company or division?
- Provide concrete data that documents the success of the initiative and demonstrate the appropriateness of the scorecard.
6. Future Plans (max 300-words)
Describe the next steps or stages for this initiative. (Suggested prompts to address below.)
- What’s next for this initiative? How are you building upon your success?
- How will you scale this across the marketing organization or the company/division (if applicable)?
- What results do you expect to accomplish with this initiative over the next year (e.g., revenue impact, profit impact, order pipeline impact, brand or reputation impact, customer engagement, renewal rate, referrals, win rate, etc.)?
- To what extent, if any, does this impact the future of marketing or your industry?
- Provide details and data that demonstrate the long-term impact of the initiative.
In under 150-words, summarize the most important reasons why your initiative deserves special recognition by Momentum ITSMA.
Please note: Applicants may provide additional materials to support their online submission; please note that the judges will look primarily at the main submission.
Momentum ITSMA must receive payment of $495 for each submission to help cover program administration expenses. For awards shipped outside of the US, all associated shipping fees will be the responsibility of the award winner.
Payment in US dollars via authorized purchase order, check, or credit card must be received by May 5, 2023. You pay for your submission(s) during the online application process. Please use Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, or Safari as a browser for best results. IE may cause problems.
Momentum ITSMA will keep all information included in award submissions strictly confidential, and will not disclose any information from the submissions without formal authorization from the applicant.
Please note: Momentum ITSMA will not return any of the submission materials.
Momentum ITSMA must receive all submissions by May 5, 2023.
Enter your submissions at: https://momentumitsma.secure-awards.com/
Please use Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, or Safari as a browser for best results. IE may cause problems.
Get Inspired by Past MEA Winners
Infosys' Hyperscale ABM
Presented by Navin Rammohan, Vice President, Segment Head Marketing, Infosys. Learn about Infosys’ gold award-winning program, Hyperscale ABM, in the Driving Strategic Growth category.
Optum's C-Suite Persona Thought Leadership Program
Presented by Leslie Cozatt, Head of B2B Corporate Marketing, Optum. Learn about Optum’s diamond award-winning entry, C-Suite Persona Thought Leadership Program, in the Advancing Thought Leadership category.
Cisco's Igniting Growth & Customer Success with Partners
Presented by Cisco’s Monica Koedel, Sr. Director, Digital Customer Experience, and Julie Andrews, Sr. Director, Global Digital Experience. Learn about Cisco’s diamond award-winning program, Cisco Ignites Growth & Customer Success with Partners During ‘Year of Scale,’ in the Driving Strategic Growth category.