Elevating ABM: Building Blocks for Long-Term Growth
The 6th annual Momentum ITSMA & ABM Leadership Alliance benchmark study provides an essential review of how we’re doing with ABM in today’s context and identifies three areas in which the most successful programs stand apart from the rest.
by Rob Leavitt
December 13, 2022
Twenty years into the Account-Based Marketing (ABM) journey, some core principles have stood the test of time: leading with customer insight, full partnership with sales, tailoring and customizing customer connection, and focusing on the three R’s—Reputation, Relationships, and Revenue. Organizational challenges have also remained similar: sales and marketing alignment, customization at scale, measurement, and, as always, budgets.
On the other hand, the context for delivering ABM is never constant. Changes in market conditions and competition, tactics, and tools, and perhaps most of all, customer expectations and needs, means that ABM-ers must continue to look for ways to stay on top of their game.
Elevating ABM: Building Blocks for Long-Term Growth, the 6th annual Momentum ITSMA & ABM Leadership Alliance benchmark study, provides an essential review of how ABM is faring in today’s context.
This report, based on a qualitative and quantitative study with 279 ABM heads and practitioners at B2B technology and business services companies, tackles important questions about ABM as a business strategy, such as:
- How well are we applying the core principles of ABM?
- How are we adapting to constant disruption in the marketplace?
- How should we focus investments as we look toward the next phase of ABM development?
- How are ABM leaders investing differently to achieve better results?
Based on the survey data, Momentum ITSMA has identified three areas in which the most successful programs stand apart from the rest:
- Integrating an account-based strategy as a strategic pillar of corporate growth.
- Developing a wide range of skills and capabilities and enabling effective collaboration across the ecosystem.
- Emphasizing insight and relevance by investing in data and analytics to drive performance and tailor client-centric value propositions and thought leadership.
The report also reveals the top ABM priorities for success in 2023 and beyond, supplemented by real-world case studies an advice from ABM experts.
Download Elevating ABM: Building Blocks for Long-Term Growth for survey details and to see what steps you can take to elevate your ABM program.
Account-Based Marketing Requires Care and Feeding
So many organizations confuse a personalized email with ABM that the true intent of Account-Based Marketing strategies have gotten lost.