We helped a financial services leader* maximize its $2.6bn acquisition to launch it’s new combined proposition and drive significant revenue growth. By responding fast to a high-stakes situation and leading a series of team sprints, we gained buy-in from executives in both firms, built a distinctive value proposition, and accelerated time-to-market for the transformed offer – winning new customers.
90+ executives and leaders aligned
22% YOY revenue growth after acquisition
$83 billion in new revenue from Alpha in 2021
- Financial services leader announces it will acquire front-office order management system provider
- Deal questioned by analysts, media, and some shareholders.
- The firm needs to rapidly deliver on its ambitions to combine data and analytics with its traditional asset services
- Specific challenge for the executive teams to create:
- New platform to integrate two offerings
- Strong positioning outside core business
- Effective execution of a first-of-its-kind offer
- We created and ran workshops with the leadership teams of both firms, achieving alignment through an intense integration phase
- Developed the customer offer, building a distinct value proposition and driving an account-based focus
- Applied insights to prioritize must-win accounts with a focus on early buyers
- Empowered customer-facing and enablement teams to rapidly position and land the new offer using sales playbooks, battlecards, and pitch decks
- Successful launch, rapid market traction, and fast rise to category leadership in front-to-back automation
- Revenue of $83 billion from the new proposition in 2021
- 90+ executives and leaders aligned from both businesses
- 22% YOY revenue growth after acquisition for the overall group
*We take our clients' confidentiality seriously. While we've changed their names, the results are real.
" What we saw happening, within almost a quarter of us acquiring the firm and conceptualising the new proposition was the pipeline started building and we were doing a lot of development.
CEO, Global Financial Services leader
Global Financial Services leader